The Victims and Witnesses (Scotland) Act 2014
The central objective of the Victim and Witnesses (Scotland) Act 2014 (the Act) is to improve the experience of victims and witnesses within the criminal justice system in Scotland. One of the key provisions is that victims and witnesses have a legal right to request certain information about their case.
People with Learning Disabilities and the Scottish Criminal Justice System - Easy read booklet
- Information about the Court
- Information about Criminal Justice Social Work Services
- Information about Prison Services
- Information about Prosecution and Defence
- Information about the Police
- Information about Health and Social Work Services
Criminal Justice Disability Project
Defence recovery of personal sensitive records
This leaflet explains why the accused person’s solicitor is seeking to obtain all or part of your medical, social work or other personal records during a criminal case and how this information may be used.