You do not have to explain why you want information but it might help us in giving you the information you want.More guidance: Freedom of Information (FOI): at a glance
More detailed information is published in our Publication Scheme.
Environmental Information Regulations requests have the same deadline but we can extend this up to 40 working days if your request is complex.
We can give you information about:
- COPFS administration
- complaints against the police
- criminal prosecution
- deaths in Scotland
- proceeds of crime
- prosecution policy
- prosecution statistics.
- personal information
- information about a third party
- information held by other organisations
- or clearly any information we do not hold - but we will try and suggest someone who can help you.
- where it will cost more than £600 to locate, retrieve and provide it
- or, repeated requests for the same information.
- the Scottish Government; for
- prosecution statistics:
- Police Scotland
- Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service (SCTS); for
- the outcome of a court case
- the cost of a trial
- Scottish Prison Service; for
- prisoner release dates.