The guide includes advice and information on:
- your eligibility for employment with COPFS
- the ‘Guaranteed Interview Scheme’ as defined by the Disability Discrimination Act
- how to complete your application
- how we sift and shortlist applicants
- the interview and our other selection methods
- how we assess applicants at the sift stage and the interview
- what you can do at the end of your interview
- your right to appeal against any non-selection decision.
For our competency based selection you must provide specific evidence of competency related behaviours in each of the key competencies detailed in the job advert.
Our Competency Framework details the levels for each job, a description for each competency and what behaviours are expected at each level. Please ensure you refer to the Framework and understand the level and behaviours expected of the role advertised.
Information on all current job vacancies and applications forms can be found on our Job Vacancy page.
Equaliy and diversity in COPFS
Here at COPFS, we are proud to be Diversity Champions and continue our long term commitment to inclusion within our workplace, and celebrate the diversity of our employees, and the communities we work in.
As an employer, we provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on grounds of age, belief, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, sex and sexual orientation – or any other grounds.
We make everyone feel welcome within the organisation by regularly reviewing and refreshing our policies to ensure we use all-inclusive language, and have a number of network groups within the company which includes: Proud in COPFS; Equality Ambassadors and the Staff Disability Advisory Group.
For further information on the Civil Service’s diversity and inclusion policies, and how equality and diversity are monitored, please see here.
To learn about how we handle your information during the recruitment exercise, please see our Privacy Notice for job applicants.